Saturday, November 8, 2008

Reflection- Nov 8

What technology use and attitudes did I see modeled?
This week we had a lot of technology use. Besides the regular taking role, and lunch count on the computer. Some students took a quiz on the computer aobut the book that they were reading. There is a special program that holds comprehension quizes of all types of books. The students know how to get to the program and start the quiz. They need to write their name and choose the book they are taking the quiz about. Then they are asked 10 questions and given a score.

We also had a presentation at the grizzly denn about dentists and it was really nice. The power point presentation was very well organized with a lot of animations and information for the students.

What was my own experience trying to use technology in this setting?
I stil haven't used technology to teach my classes. But I did help my studnets take the quiz on the computer- about their books. I was really amazed at how they are using technology to take quizes. It is so much faster. The teachers don't have to collect papers and grade them; it is all done for them, all they have to do is to write the score down. Also going to the dentist presentation gave me good ideas of how I can make my lessons more fun and interactive.

Share 1 idea that you have for using technology for a lesson or content area that you observed being taught this week.
I think that for a lesson about veterans day, technology would be a great help. I can show a video about veterans day. Or make a power point presentation about different facts of veterans day or history of wars and what happened in the past. I can also scan the pages of the book I am reading for veterans day and read to the studnets. It will be easier to show the pictures and the print to the studnets on a big screen.

No comments: