Saturday, November 15, 2008

Reflection for 11/15

What technology use and attitudes did I see modeled?
This week there were a lot of technology use. One of the things that I saw in which technology was used was a power point presentation for the grandparents day program that the 3rd graders were practicing for. They had pictures from all of the 3rd graders that they scanned or pulled from CDs and put them on a power point presentation. It was really neat to see how they were using technology to show all of the pictures which made the program very interesting. In the classroom again not much technology was used.
What was my own experience trying to use technology in this setting?
This week I did not use technology to teach. I am still working on my project for the lesson that I will teach with technology. I thing that it is hard to incorporate a lot of technology to the lessons because it requires more preparation and time to set up and such. But I will use technology next week and I hope it goes well.
Share 1 idea that you have for using technology for a lesson or content area that you observed being taught this week.
I thought about the slide presentation they used for the grandparents day program and I thought that it would have been nice to record messages that the children share with their grandparents and present them as part of the presentation. This would have required the use of a camera and of course the computer programs to upload the videos. It would have looked so nice. It would have also been neat to have the students share special thoughts about their grandparents.

No comments: