Saturday, October 11, 2008

Using Digital Storytelling in the Classroom

I personally think that the more variety of ways I use to teach my students, the more interested they will be, and the better they will learn. I am so pleased with the results htat digital storytelling has brought as we finished our project. I plan on teaching the first grade and I think that using digital storytelling will be a great way to practice reading and writing with my students since they will need to read the writing of whatever the story is about. They will also need to write it so it shows on the video. It will allow them the opportunity to be creative as they experiment with different materials or ways to illustrate the story. It will also give them the opportunity to practice typing on a computer and using technology.
I can also teach about any subject through digital storytelling; math, science, history. All we would need to do is find a book that is at their level of reading, that teaches about the specific area we are learning about and turn it into digital storytelling. As they work on the project, they can learn about the subject. I am sure I will use digital storytelling in my classroom.

No comments: